Brrrrrrrr!!!! Well now that winter is officially upon us, and tad bit early at that, it is a good time to make sure your property is prepared for La Nina. We have put together a short list of reminders that should help you get things ready for the colder months to come.
- Turn off exterior water and drain the pipes to reduce the chance of a burst
- Take precautions to make sure fountains do not freeze
- Check weather stripping on doors and windows and make sure they are forming a tight seal
- Have a shovel ready if snow decides to show up
- Have your furnace and air ducts cleaned if they need it
- Be prepared to not leave the house for several days in the event of storm
- Block off the air vents in your basement if you have them. This will keep your house warmer.
- Have de-icer ready
Remember, if the wind should decide to tip over your fence you can always call Pacific Fence for a free estimate for the repair! This is also a great time to have the old fence rebuilt. Winter is the off season and you can have a fence built much quicker during the off season. Call today to setup and estimate! Installation:(503)233-6248