Pacific Fence & Wire Co.
Pacific Fence and Wire is a family-owned fence manufacturer and supplier that has been servicing Portland for over 98 years. We pride ourselves on a few things that we think you should know in order to get to know us better:
- Our work is more than just selling, building and installing fence. It’s creating safe spaces for your children while they are at school or at local parks. It’s ensuring that your beloved family dog no longer runs out into the street after the postal delivery person. It’s keeping foul balls off your windshield at local sporting event. We pride ourselves on quality craftsmanship – and it shows!
- We do right by our employees. We believe that our team is also part of our Pacific Fence Family. Our business is fourth generation owned and operated and we intend to keep it that way. As a result, we have employees who have been with Pacific Fence for 20, 30 and 40+ years. We enjoy each other’s company, and that’s the honest truth.
- Our customers are our livelihood. We look for likeminded individuals who treat our customers with the utmost respect and provide outstanding customer service every time. No if’s and’s or but’s about it.
- We need exceptional, highly motivated individuals to join our legacy.
We are currently seeking a Gate Shop Helper to join our growing team! This position is responsible for responsible for supporting Fabricators in the Gate Shop.
On a daily basis, you can expect to find yourself:
- Follows all Pacific Fence and Wire’s safety policies and practices. Ensures that all safety concerns are reported immediately to a manager or member of the Safety Committee. Instills a safe work environment in their own practices and in others.
- Receives and reads work orders, drawings, and work instructions for the job.
- Safely operates crane to move product.
- Uses a pipe cutter to safely cut pipe to appropriate lengths per specifications.
- Uses a tube bender to bend pipe to appropriate specifications.
- Performs grinding with hand grinder and belt grinder as needed.
- Uses a Stryco machine to butt weld pipe once trained.
- Minimizes scrap and rework to ensure Pacific Fence and Wire’s quality standards are met.
- Uses a forklift to move product and ensures that the forklift is properly maintained including filling propane tanks and routine safety checks.
- Demonstrates excellence in technical, soft skill and behavioral and attitude requirements associated with the job.
- Supports other departments with various projects as needed.
- Maintains work area and ensures materials are put away safely and the work area is clean.
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with customers and coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Respectfully takes direction from manager.
We currently have two shifts available:
Monday through Friday with working hours between 8:00am-4:30pm
Monday through Thursday with working hours between 4:00pm-2:30am
Wondering if you’re qualified? Here’s what we are looking for:
- Six months to one year related experience. However, we can teach those that are willing to learn and have the right attitude. Those who have a construction background may have a leg up on their competition.
- Ability to understand fence material specifications and working knowledge of products preferred, but not required! We can teach those that are willing to learn and have the right attitude.
- Basic math skills, with an ability to read a tape measure.
- Be able to regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- You must be able to properly demonstrate your ability to be reliable, possess a strong work ethic with a positive attitude, behave in a highly professional manner and have initiative while working independently with minimal supervision to produce accurate and timely work.
This is a full time position with base hourly rates between $13.00 and $18.00 per hour based on experience.
Pacific Fence and Wire also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Employee Sponsored Aflac plans
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays – including the day after Thanksgiving!
- Education Assistance
Ready to join our legacy? Please visit www.pacificfence.com/careers to apply for this exciting opportunity! We look forward to hearing from you!
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
PFW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.