Pacific Fence & Wire Co.
Pacific Fence and Wire is a family-owned fence manufacturer and supplier that has been servicing Portland for over 98 years. We pride ourselves on a few things that we think you should know in order to get to know us better:
- Our work is more than just selling, building and installing fence. It’s creating safe spaces for your children while they are at school or at local parks. It’s ensuring that your beloved family dog no longer runs out into the street after the postal delivery person. It’s keeping foul balls off your windshield at local sporting event. We pride ourselves on quality craftsmanship – and it shows!
- We do right by our employees. We believe that our team is also part of our Pacific Fence Family. Our business is fourth generation owned and operated and we intend to keep it that way. As a result, we have employees who have been with Pacific Fence for 20, 30 and 40+ years. We enjoy each other’s company, and that’s the honest truth.
- Our customers are our livelihood. We look for likeminded individuals who treat our customers with the utmost respect and provide outstanding customer service every time. No if’s and’s or but’s about it.
- We need exceptional, highly motivated individuals to join our legacy.
We are currently seeking an Install Foreman to join our growing team! This position is responsible for installing our beautiful fences across the Pacific Northwest in residential, commercial and industrial establishments. On a daily basis, you can expect to find yourself:
- Installing fence such as chain link, wood, vinyl, decorative metal, and farm on a daily basis.
- Working closely with our Project Managers to ensure the project is on time.
- Using welder, digging equipment, bobcat, hand and power tools to complete installation jobs.
- Working closely with customers to meet specific needs and concerns. (All of our customers should leave happy!)
- Reading drawings of fence specifications and materials lists.
- Loading install trucks with required materials for each job.
- Travels out of town to work on projects as needed; requiring overnight travel on occasion. The fence industry can take us many places! Typically areas such as Eastern and Southern Oregon and Northern Washington.
Wondering if you’re qualified? Here’s what we are looking for:
- High School Diploma or GED and three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to understand fence material specifications and working knowledge of products preferred, but not required! We can teach those that are willing to learn and have the right attitude. Those who have a construction background may have a leg up on their competition.
- Be able to occasionally lift and /or move up to 100 pounds in the form of a wheelbarrow of concrete or a heavy roll of chain link fence/large pipe. And of course, you should love working outdoors. We don’t often have the opportunity to build indoor fences.
- Ability to read contracts, blueprints, operating and maintenance instructions, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Basic math skills, with an ability to understand standard measurements.
- A valid and insurable driver’s license is required for this position as you will be travelling throughout assigned territories. We will provide in house training on how to safely operate a forklift upon your arrival.
This is a full time position with base hourly rates between $22.00 and $27.00 per hour.
Pacific Fence and Wire also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Employee Sponsored Aflac plans
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays – including the day after Thanksgiving!
- Education Assistance
Ready to join our legacy? Please visit www.pacificfence.com/careers to apply for this exciting opportunity! We look forward to hearing from you!
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
PFW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.