Pacific Fence and Wire Co.
Pacific Fence and Wire is a family-owned fence manufacturer and supplier that has been servicing Portland and the Pacific NW since 1921.
We are currently seeking an Install Helper to join our dynamic team installing fence projects across the Portland Metro area and beyond! This position is primarily responsible for supporting the Install Foreman to install our products to residential, commercial or industrial establishments.
- High School diploma or GED; or six months experience and or/training in similar field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to understand fence material specification.
- Ability and experience in safely operating a forklift.
- Valid and insurable Driver’s License is preferred but not required.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintain reliable, predictable attendance and follow all safety policies.
- Be able to occasionally lift and /or move up to 100 pounds in the form of a wheelbarrow of concrete or a heavy roll of chain link fence/large pipe.
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment in varying climates.
- You must be able to properly demonstrate your ability to be reliable, possess a strong work ethic with a positive attitude, behave in a highly professional manner and have initiative while working independently with minimal supervision to produce accurate and timely work
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs fence such as chain link, wood, vinyl, decorative metal, and farm on a daily basis.
- Works closely with Install Foreman to ensure the project is on time.
- Uses welder, digging equipment, bobcat, hand and power tools to complete installation jobs.
- Reads drawings of fence specifications and materials lists.
- Loads install trucks with required materials for each job.
- Travels out of town to work on projects as needed; requiring overnight travel on occasion.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a full time position with an hourly wage range of $15.00 to $17.00 per hour based on experience. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medial, vision and life insurance, flexible spending as well as other supplemental offerings. We offer a generous profit sharing plan, paid time off and paid holidays.
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check. If you are interested, please respond with a resume detailing your experience and qualifications. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Pacific Fence and Wire is an Equal Opportunity Employer.