Pacific Fence & Wire Co.
Pacific Fence and Wire is a family-owned fence manufacturer and supplier that has been servicing Portland for over 98 years. We pride ourselves on a few things that we think you should know in order to get to know us better:
- Our work is more than just selling, building and installing fence. It’s creating safe spaces for your children while they are at school or at local parks. It’s ensuring that your beloved family dog no longer runs out into the street after the postal delivery person. It’s keeping foul balls off your windshield at local sporting event. We pride ourselves on quality craftsmanship – and it shows!
- We do right by our employees. We believe that our team is also part of our Pacific Fence Family. Our business is fourth generation owned and operated and we intend to keep it that way. As a result, we have employees who have been with Pacific Fence for 20, 30 and 40+ years. We enjoy each other’s company, and that’s the honest truth.
- Our customers are our livelihood. We look for likeminded individuals who treat our customers with the utmost respect and provide outstanding customer service every time. No if’s and’s or but’s about it.
- We need exceptional, highly motivated individuals to join our legacy.
Our Material Handlers are responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the Yard and Warehouse areas. This position is also responsible for fulfilling customer orders and providing exceptional service to Pacific Fence and Wire’s customers.
On a daily basis, you can expect to find yourself:
- Filling orders for residential and commercial customers, sometimes serving multiple customers at one time.
- Putting fittings away and checking in fittings upon arrival from shipping vendors.
- Ensuring our Yard and Warehouse are clean and well maintained to ensure a safe work environment.
- Loading and unloading trucks for customers at the gate using a sit down forklift.
- Greeting customers when they come to Pacific Fence and Wire and providing excellent customer service.
- Building and maintaining positive customer relationships.
Wondering if you’re qualified? Here’s what we are looking for:
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Ability to understand fence material specifications and working knowledge of products preferred, but not required! We can teach those that are willing to learn and have the right attitude. Those who have a construction background may have a leg up on their competition.
- Basic math skills, with an ability to understand standard measurements.
- Be able to regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- You must be able to properly demonstrate your ability to be reliable, possess a strong work ethic with a positive attitude, behave in a highly professional manner and have initiative while working independently with minimal supervision to produce accurate and timely work.
This is a full-time position with base hourly rates between $15.00 and $19.00 per hour depending upon your experience.
Pacific Fence and Wire also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Employee Sponsored Aflac plans
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays – including the day after Thanksgiving!
- Education Assistance
Ready to join our legacy? Please respond to this ad with your resume detailing your qualifications. We look forward to hearing from you!
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug test. PFW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about us please visit: https://www.pacificfence.com/