Pacific Fence & Wire Co
Pacific Fence and Wire is a family-owned fence manufacturer and supplier that has been servicing Portland for over 98 years. We pride ourselves on a few things that we think you should know in order to get to know us better:
- Our work is more than just selling, building and installing fence. It’s creating safe spaces for your children while they are at school or at local parks. It’s ensuring that your beloved family dog no longer runs out into the street after the postal delivery person. It’s keeping foul balls off your windshield at local sporting event. We pride ourselves on quality craftsmanship – and it shows!
- We do right by our employees. We believe that our team is also part of our Pacific Fence Family. Our business is fourth generation owned and operated and we intend to keep it that way. As a result, we have employees who have been with Pacific Fence for 20, 30 and 40+ years. We enjoy each other’s company, and that’s the honest truth
- Our customers are our livelihood. We look for likeminded individuals who treat our customers with the utmost respect and provide outstanding customer service every time. No if’s and’s or but’s about it.
- We need exceptional, highly motivated individuals to join our legacy.
Our Sales Specialist is customer service oriented with a focus on assisting current and prospective customers with their ordering needs. This includes taking orders over the phone or in person, preparing information for quotes and providing clear, timely and professional communication to our customers. On a daily basis, you can expect to find yourself:
- Responds to sales inquiries and collects appropriate information in a timely manner.
- Processes orders, quotes and other supporting documents in an accurate and timely manner. Monitors orders through the system and sales process as necessary.
- Sell materials to walk-in customers as well as customers who are calling in.
- Communicates, relays and provides important information to customers. Follows up with customers as necessary. Provides updates to Sales team member as requested to support the customer.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm’s production and delivery schedules.
- Builds and maintains positive customer relationships.
- Follows up with potential incoming customer accounts and collects data for new customer account establishment and answers questions as needed.
- Provides troubleshooting assistance for customer orders, account statuses, inventory requests and other relevant inquiries.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries or production.
Wondering if you’re qualified? Here’s what we are looking for:
- High School Diploma or GED or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. We are looking for the right person to fit our culture, so while experience is great- it is not required.
- Ability to understand fence material specifications and working knowledge of products preferred, but not required! We can teach those that are willing to learn and have the right attitude. Those who have a construction background may have a leg up on their competition.
- Basic math skills, with an ability to understand standard measurements.
- Ability to navigate various computer, sales and timekeeping systems/software including email applications.
This is a full-time position with base hourly rates between $17.50 and $22.00 per hour.
Pacific Fence and Wire also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Employee Sponsored Aflac plans
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays – including the day after Thanksgiving!
- Education Assistance
Ready to join our legacy? Please respond to this ad with your resume detailing your qualifications. We look forward to hearing from you!
PFW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about us please visit: https://www.pacificfence.com/